our activities

magnifyingglassFoundation “Every Little Bit Helps” works in three ways to reach its aim: contribute to the education of youth in Indonesia.

“Abdi Kasih”, a school for students with special needs
Since january 2016, “Every Little Bit Helps” also collaborates with “Abdi Kasih”. In this (boarding) school, children from 8 to 16 years old who have physical or mental disabilities, receive lessons, adapted to their needs. The pupils stay in the school during the week and go home on the weekends. This model helps them become less isolated and have a better chance in society.

 

Kindergartens managed by Yayasan Bhinekka Tunggal Ika (YBTI)school
From 2005 on, “Every Little Bit Helps” has regularly supplied 15 kindergartens in central and western Sumatra with teaching and learning materials, playing objects, first-aid kits, materials for maintaining school buildings, etc.. Our Foundation collaborates closely with Yayasan Bhinekka Tunggal Ika – YBTI (translation:  “Foundation Unity By Diversity”). YBTI manages these 15 kindergartens, situated in remote areas in Central and West Sumatra, where over 900 children receive education. The materials are bought in Indonesia, in consultation with the school management.

Since 2017, six of these schools have become self supporting. YBTI still takes care of training the teachers. In 2018, three kindergartens were started in Siberut/Mentawai, so at present, YBTI manages 18 kindergartens, visited by over 1000 children. These last three schools are self supporting, which means that parents of the pupils take care of the school buildings and organisation.

 

Grants for students
In 2005, our Foundation started supporting several students, in highschool or university, by giving them a grant for tuition fees or books. “Every Little Bit Helps” pays at maximum 80% of the requested amount. The other 20% is paid for by their family.
The Foundation makes sure to support a student until graduation or leaving school. During the academic year 2018/2019 the Foundation supports 16 students.